Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Glam Bag January 2012

MyGlam

So the second bag is here!! Included are

the Balm Shady Lady eyeshadow 0.12oz $16 thebalm.com the color I received is "all about alex" it is a full size product. 
This is a greenish golden color. I barely slid my finger over the shadow and this was the color payoff .  This is New to me and am quite excited to try and review this product.The packaging was specially made for My glam. The pic on the right i the usual packaging.


Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Masque by Freeman freemanbeauty.com 6 fl oz $3.99  full size or you can get it at your local drug store. The card says $8.00???, but on the Freeman website and even CVS it sells for $3.99. I am not sure where they got the $8 from....I have used this brand but the container is the old style. I do not know if the formulation has changed, but I am excited to find out. The other one I have is very thick and strong. What I mean about strong is that it would pull off all the tiny hair on your face and would be a bit uncomfortable when removing. I received another peel mask in my Holiday VoxBox and it was much more gentle than the freeman, but I am going to try the new one. How fun is that you just put in on and wait about 10 min and peel. The scent seems a bit softer than the old one. Clean out your pores with Freeman 





Cover Duo Concealer by Sheer Cover sheercover.com 3gm $29, but you must join their subscription service for their products, on HSN or on ebay for about $17-$20 for a sample size or same price for full size.  I recieved the shade Light/medium full size.
This concealer I have used in the past and this is one of my FAVORITE concealers!. Of course I used it before I had the hyper-pigmentation all over my face too. It is very creamy and is great to cover everything. The only reason I stopped getting it, was because I did not want to subscribe to the Sheer Cover service any longer. I did not need all the makeup they were sending to me on a monthly basis. I has so much of it. the i started getting my color selection from Bed Bath and Beyond, but I still have a lot of the bronzer left. The only thing I did want was the concealer and it was not worth getting  so much of unnecessary makeup just for the concealer. I am excited to have the concealer again.
Cleansing Conditioner by Wen wenhaircare.com $36 - 16 fl oz sample size 2 fl oz approx $4.50, but you can only purchase from WEN if you join their service which is per month or about $30 on ebay.  
I can tell you that the sample provided is yes a decent size, but the directions on the sample size does not tell you what is on the full size bottle. As per directions on the full size it will probably last only a couple of washes. It does require 10-15 pumps which translates to about 1/2 or 1/3 of the tube.  I have tried this and as a matter of fact I used my supple last night. I personally do not care for it, cause to me it leaves my hair a bit too oily, but there are plenty of people who swear by it.
Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Conditioner










I did not recieve the nail polish, but I was hoping for the eyeshadow and I got it!. The color was exactly the one I wanted too!!! They are mind readers!
So the approximate total of this months My Glam bag is $53 - $57
(depending on where you purchase your products from)
We recieved 3 full size products and 1 deluxe sample
Not too shabby for $10
I hope this was informative and helpful

In case you are unsure what My Glam is... it is a monthly subscription service where you pay $10/month and you recieve 4-5 duluxe or full size products to try out. It is way worth it!!! Check them out and subscribe if you are interested http://www.myglam.com/
Chow chow for now.  
Video to be posted tomorrow 

2 comments:

  1. A few things to clarify.

    The reason the card said $8 on the Freeman mask was because there were supposed to be two sachets (each retails on Freeman's site for $1.99).

    $3.99 + $1.99 + $1.99 = $7.97 which they round up to $8.

    The Sheer Cover concealer duo is NOT sold individually on the Sheer Cover site so the price quotes by MyGlam is incorrect. The concealer IS sold on HSN for $19.95 which is probably the price Sheer Cover would offer it on their site IF they sold it individually.

    As for WEN, that is also not sold individually on the WEN site but you can get it on QVC - the 16 oz size - for $29. The sample size is actually sold in packet form on QVC - 8 for $30 - which makes the price on one packet equivalent to $3.75. Of course the prices are before shipping and tax but even on the WEN site the shipping is $8.99 AND the price every three months is $89.95.

    The final price for your bag is actually $43.69 while the one with the nail polish instead of shadow is $37.69. That's about $15.31 to $13.31 less than the price listed by MyGlam.

    Oh also note, *ANYONE* taking the deals offered by Sheer Cover OR WEN through MyGlam, BUYER BEWARE, because the fine print is that you have 30 days from the time you place the order to cancel OTHERWISE you'll be charged full price for the next shipment. This means if you order, for example, the Sheer Cover for $19.95 plus $5.99 shipping on January 20 then you have 30 days starting January 20 to cancel OTHERWISE you'll be charged $127.79 at the end of the 30 days (they ship every four months). With WEN same thing but they charge every three months so that will come to $98.84 at the end of 30 days. Read the fine print and buyer beware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this post so I am sorry for not replying sooner. Yes a viewer told me about the freeman thing, I wonder what happened there about the sachets Yes I know those auto ship things are a pain if you do not cancel right away. Thanks for the clarity, I got the info from ebay and other sites.

      Delete