Sunday, April 20, 2014

Birchbox April 2014

Here is another Birchbox.

I have been battling with myself to continue on or not with Birchbox. It is hit or miss monthly and more misses than hits. Lets see what we have this month. This is just a run down of what's in here more than how each one performs. 










This is the only thing in the Box I have tried so far. Since I just got the box in.
This is one I am so so excited to try and HAVE. theBalm cosmetics sample of How "Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream. The full size has 6 shades and is $32. I am not one for these lip pies in a pan, but I really love the color and how it looks like my lips are just flushed. Not to mention the velvety feel. I thought it would have a fruity scent to it, but there is none. 




I am a ColorClub Fangirl. However when I heard we were going to be getting a shade from ColorClub's the Gala's Gems Collection I was hoping for another shade, but I got the "Heirloom Pearls"  ($3.25). It is available in the BirchBox Shop in a set of 4 for $13. It's not a bad deal considering you will be getting 4 shades. I personally prefer to get smaller bottles of polish since I don't think I have ever used a whole bottle of andy color polish up before. ColorClub usually have very opaque polishes and I am hoping this will be no different.
AMAZING coverage! One coat will do it, but this is 2 coats in the picture. 


  •  Breakfast At... is an emerald pearl that bears a striking resemblance to a certain iconic jewelry box. 
  • Heirloom Pearls, Gala’s admitted favorite of the whole collection, is an opulent off-white. 
  • Gold Struck is an understated, soft gold that’s subtle enough for daytime wear.
  • Aquamarine Azulino is a pearly sky blue with a hint of shimmer .

This one I have never heard of before. Nazelie Moisturizing night cream. The full size is a WHOPPING $58 for a 1oz size. This sample size is approximately $13.94. WOW!! I am shocked!. I cannot wait to see the miracle it is going to do for such a price. It is an Olive Oil based night cream. Wish me luck!

Number 4 High Performave Hair care, Clarifying Shampoo and Reconstructing Masque. So it is a clarifying shampoo and masque. I hope the masque is to dye for! The full size Clarifying shampoo is $32 for 8.5 oz.  (sample size $3.76)
Reconstructing masque is $58 for 5.1 oz. (sample $2.84)

Shampoo - Extremely thick and gooey and takes a little work to mix in your hair, but leaves your hair soft and silky which is completely the opposite of what I expected from a clarifying shampoo. It had a residue on my hair. it was good, but too expensive for me. 

Masque - Very disappointed. I expected something amazing. The texture was odd, it was white and almost like elmers glue and actually kind of smelled like it too. I left it on for at least 5 minutes and my hair was not soft and silky. I was softer after the shampoo and before this masque. My hair was actually difficult to brush through. :( Not good.  



Sorry there was one more item, but I ate it! I guess it was yummy cause I ate even the little crumbs. I have to say the salty crumbs were the best part too. It was a KIND BAR, Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt. My first KIND BAR ever. It was so with it. So sorry but I promise it was yummy! 
A pack of 15 - $11.88 (approx. 78cents or one)
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for $10 per month.
If you are interested to join click the link above!
Ultimately the BirchBox points keeps me hooked to Birchbox! I love earning the points every month and then spending them on high dollar items I probably wouldn't buy otherwise. On to the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment