Sunday, November 20, 2011

Review of BirchBox and random samples

This is going to be a review of a few random items I have received over the last month or so from either samples or BirchBox.
I will save the best (worst) for last though.


From the target Beauty bag:
  1. John Frieda Full Repair.
I always wanted to try it, but wasn't willing to pay the $7 price for such a small bottle/tube of shampoo or conditioner. Thankfully I got it as a sample to try. 
They both smelled awesome.


Shampoo - felt great, it was just enough for my hair (I have long hair to my lower back) Made my hair feel fuller and lighter at the same time. I loved this.

Conditioner - unfortunately it wasn't enough to really tell and give my honest opinion. I think I would have liked it, but I'll never know. I think all the hair samples should come with more conditioner than shampoo. Don't we always use WAY MORE conditioner than shampoo? Am I the only one?


Also in the Target Beauty bag.


     2.  Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner


I know I said in my video I don't like this and I wasn't even going to try it, but I did. 


Shampoo - I know what I said and I have to take it back, at least for the shampoo. This is obviously a different version than what I have used before. The smell was awesome. My hair felt fluffy while shampooing it (does that make sense), but it didn't last for long. It was just enough to use also. I was pleasantly surprised with the result of the shampoo and the great smell lingers. 


Conditioner - This still was very unsatisfying. Of course it too wasn't enough product for my long hair, but I can tell I would have to use a cup full to feel any results of conditioning. (am I being harsh) I actually didn't even rinse it out cause I couldn't even feel it in my hair when I applied it. So I treated it like a leave in. 







    


3.  John Frieda Root Awakening


I have to admit, I would have never purchased this due to the price initially. I actually bought a few of these several months ago at Publix, cause they were on sale from $6.99 to $4.99 and Publix had a $2 or $2.50 coupon, and I had a $2 coupon so I got them for around $.75 I think. A STEAL I tell you. So I just used my last bottle. So sad cause I really LOVE this. My hair is Loving this too! Both the shampoo and conditioners were awesome! The smell is so great. My hair feels light and full. I cannot say enough about this. 
Love it. That's all. I suppose it is worth it, but I still do not see myself buying it if it is not on sale or without a coupon. I am very money conscience. I have to be. 











   4.  Ponds Wet cleansing towelettes


I was pleasantly surprised with this too. It was not rough as I remember these types of cleansing wipes to be in the past. The smell was clean, fresh and light. The 1st wipe - WOW I was impressed. It took off my eye makeup in a few wipes, but thats okay. It didn't sting or burn my eyes, even wiping right over them several times. I think these towelettes are AWESOME! What have I been waiting for to use these thing to clean my face. 








Last

   5. Pangea Organics Facial Mask


1st thought Gross. as you can see from the photos and I am not exaggerating, it looks like poop. I was so hesitant to put it on my face, but just went for it. When I did I immediately was taken back but the instant fume like burning to my eyes, which only lasted a couple seconds. The texture was gross, it was gritty and not even to apply since I guess it has chunks of tea bits or something . The smell to me was so unappealing it actually made me nauseated. I guess my sense of smell is too sensitive for this. When I looked at my face since I was already nauseated I felt even worse. Sensitive stomach too. I know you may say why didn't you just take it off. Well since it was already on I figure I would suffer thru it and see how the result was. I tried to leave it on for 20 min, but I couldn't. I did leave it for 10 min though. I had to keep fanning my face to get the smell away from my nose. I have never had an experience with a beauty product like this before. So I was shocked about my reaction too.
I know it is all natural and completely vegan. So for those of you who are in to that this is for you! It is suppose to " deep cleanse, detoxify, exfoliate, tone, hydrate, stimulate collagen, regenerate skin cells, prevent wrinkles, nourish, protect and balance". A multiple use mask to be use about 2 times a week. 
I have to say the result was very good. My face was smooth and so soft. It actually felt and still does while writing this very light like my face can breathe. I could not use this again due to the smell unfortunately. Even though the results were amazing. Maybe if the smell wasn't so harsh and nauseating to me. That's too bad cause the end result was great!


That's all for now. Check out my youtube channel a1nettie for the video. To be up soon. 
Chow chow for now

No comments:

Post a Comment