Monday, May 26, 2014

Mary Kay #MKGlam from Influenster

This is the #MKGlam Influenster Mary Kay VoxBox


I was so so excited to find out that I was chosen to review and try out Mary Kay products via Influenster in exchange for my thoughts. I have previously tried a couple items from Mary Kay, but I would consider myself a novice at Mary Kay.


Everything Included:
While this Bronzer has a golden shimmer it doesn't give a disco ball look. It is also like a two in one since I do not need to use a highlighter with it. It has just enough color in combination with shimmer.

Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder $16

This is great and I like loose powders. I love that the sifter can open and close. This keeps the unfortunate powder explosion from happening. It does it's job at mattifying and setting my foundation.

Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Shy $12

Shy Blush has to be one of my favorite items in the box. It has a golden/coral tone and is stunning on the cheeks. I truly love this shade and it brings life and a sun kissed look that is perfect for the season.

Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist $14

This is very sheer upon application to the eyes and while I wouldn't use it on its own, I do like it as a base and once it is applied it is a very long lasting no budge formula. It is very soft and silky. While it comes with a concealer brush I prefer to apply if with my finger tip.


Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush $10

This can be used with the Cream eye color sent, but I prefer using my finger tips for application. It is a flat brush and is great for spot concealing or eyeshade application for the lids. I prefer to use with a powder shadow.
The powder brush is my least favorite item. While it is large and fluffy it is not soft. It is actually scratchy on the cheeks. I have been using it daily, but every time I use it, I think to myself "why do I bother". It is just not a quality feeling brush. The handle is sturdy and feels good in the hand, but the brush is just not good.
I have heard RAVE reviews on this Lash Love mascara. I was very excited to use it and was expecting a heck of a lot of WOW to happen. As with all new mascaras, it was thin and blah upon my initial applications. I was actually not happy with the results to my lashes at all. I thought it was not worth the hype and kept trying to figure out why this is such a fan favorite to Mary Kay users. After more than a few uses the mascara thickened up and well... performed much better. It gives length, but was finally starting to give the volume that I so feel the need for in any mascara. My tip is to give it a little time. Open it and do the "no no" pump your mascara. Give it a chance to dry out just a tad and I think you will be much happier with the application. 

This is an extremely creamy black liner. It comes with a portable lash lining brush which to me was wha what? WOW! I really like the thought that this can be taken with you and with that portable brush that won't ruin your bag. However the brush is not the best for lining my eyes. It is really hard to get a fine line. Getting a thick line is no problem. You can see from the pics below how long lasting it is as well. Only after a few minutes on my hand I rubbed and rubbed and it took a lot to remove the liner. make sure you apply it carefully. 

Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss in Mango Tango $14
This scared me when I looked at it and I was like no way am I going to put this loud color on my lips! It is actually quite flattering and the consistency of the gloss is perfect. I love the feel, the consistency and the wear. It is not all day, but it lasts a bit longer than the usual lip gloss. It is not as orange on as it seems.
Here is the look with all of the Mary Kay Items above. I added a little brown to the lids to give it some depth, but this is a natural everyday look, appropriate for work. Love the light shimmer of the cheeks from the blush and bronzer and the lip color is just right. 

Thank you to Influenster.com for letting me review the Mary Kay VoxBox. Follow Mary Kay and chat with them using HashTag #MKGlam
MaryKay Facebook:  www.facebook.com/MaryKay
Mary Kay Twitter: @MaryKay

No comments:

Post a Comment