Sunday, December 1, 2013

Studio Gear Cosmetics Holiday Smokey Eye Palette Review



The  Studio Gear Cosmetics Holiday Palette is a perfect palette to create a nice smokey eye. You can make it a natural or as bold as you like.




It is also nice that there is a guide to use if you are not sure how you would like to use this palette all in one look. The directions are simple, but make sure you pay attention to the shades noted since the layout in the palette is not the same as on the guide.



The colors included are 4 shadows and 1 blush: 


Frost
This is a bright silver/white shade. It is nice to put in the inner corner of your eyes for the finished look. It is a bit chalky and has a little fall out. You can use a tissue under your eye to catch any fall out.

Platinum
This silvery color is the creamiest color of them all. This one is the easiest to work with and just glides right on. It blends out effortlessly. 

Glimmer
This golden color is the least pigmented of them all. I had to apply a couple layers and work a little harder for this to show up  like I wanted it to, but it is my got shade out of the bunch as far as colors. 

Coal
This dark grey almost black has a bit of fine glitter.  After blending this one out I went back in with a small angled brush to darken the outer V and add to my lower lash line. 


Snowy Glow
This blush is a perfect peachy tone. It applies easily and a little goes a long way. A tiny little dap into this cheek color and it might be too much. You may want to tap your brush slightly before brushing this on your cheek. Very Very pigmented. I have also used this as an eye color as well. 

no primer used in the above photo


 I used two primers in these two swatch photos. There is a skin toned primer on the top, a white primer on the bottom and you can see where there is no primer in between the two where there is no primer. Using a primer will definitely give you a more pigmented result. I actually never use any shadow without a primer, this is a must for all looks.




I used the golden shade "glimmer" all over the lid and "platinum" in  and a little above my crease as a transition and "coal" in my outer V and lower lash line and blended it out. The peachy blush was a great addition and as I said a little goes a long way. I added a berry lip color to make it more festive. 

You can purchase this palette direct from Studio Gear Cosmetics Website now or at Ulta Beauty Locations starting in December!


Check out their social Media pages to see what's up and coming out in the future
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StudioGearCosmetics
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SGearCosmetics
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/studiogear
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/studiogearcosmetics




Price is $40, but you can purchase this palette now with an "Early Access" for an introductory cost of  $25.
Use Code: SGHOLIDAY for an additional 10% off your entire purchase at http://www.studiogearcosmetics.com/

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free Powered by Brandbacker. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment